• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing AMD 3700 San Diego

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cruzmisl

Registered
I have an Asus A8NSLI-Premium, AMD 3700 San Diego chip and OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200).

I want to moderately over clock but all this multiplier, fsb etc I've been reading simply confuses me. Any moderate settings that I can change that will boost performance slightly? Not looking to max it out just something reasonable and reasonably safe.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cruz.

Well you should be able to raise your HTT/FSB up by 10 (19 if you want to hit 2400MHz) points with current multi and should stay stable.

Only thing I would be conserned about is your RAM timings cause not all TCCD's can take even slight increases with 2-2-2 timings so you might need to adjust them. 2-3-2-6 should be anough for 10 points and also higher Vdimm may be required, to around 2.7-2.8V.

I would caution you to not overclock your system until you know what your doing. Trying to mess around with these settings without understanding them is a good way to create doorstops out of your hardware. My suggestion is to put in the time to learn about these things before inhanceing your system by overclocking..... This is an excellent guide to getting on the road to overclocking your system. GL

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=364223

Yes, the question was the easy way out but I'll read up on your link anyway and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks!!

Back