• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Source of the Problem??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chibahawk

Registered
Okay so I seem to have this problem with every single PC game I try to play. Basically I'm just trying to focus on possible causes of the problem. When I start a game up, let's say Age Of Empires III, as soon as the intro video comes up I hear some weird clicking or ticking. Then I can play as usual but with the clicking popping up every once in a while.. Then usually after a random amount of time the game will freeze. OR I can actually quit the game and do somethin else for a while but somewhere down the road - my PC freezes.

This happens with every game, more often with more taxing games on my video card. Now I know clicking is usually associated with HDDs but I just dunno about that. I have two HDDs and for example. I had Pirates installed on HDD 1 and had the problem so I wiped the drives clean and installed WinXP and Pirates on the other drive and had the same problem.

1GB Corsair
Barton 3200
9800 Pro Omega Drivers
120GB + 80GB HDDs
MSI K8-n72 delta-l mobo

is your pc oc'd? i had this happen too.

one time it was due to low vcore, second time my temps were too high and thus the freeze.

is your v/c clocked really high? is this happening when temps are their highest(around noon)?

Back