• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock conversion: A->939

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BBigJ

I'm finally making the jump to A64, and I'm wondering what the best way to attach my waterblock to socket 939 is (I'm using an Abit AN8 sli).

My waterblock (pictured here) consists of a copper base with channels carved in it, sealed with a sheet of lexan. Currently I'm using socket A's four mounting holes to anchor the block using matching holes in the lexan.

I suppose the simplest thing would be to remove the s939 mounting bracket, and bolt the lexan to the motherboard using the two mobo holes. However, I'm wondering if there is something a bit more elegant. The problem with using the mobo holes is that I wouldn't be able to switch back to a normal heatsink (for testing or quick installs) without removing the mobo to reinstall the bracket.

Any ideas?

another idea is just make a plate to put on top of it with the appropriate holes (87mm from the center each way IIRC). You can make your plate look as good or bad as you want to. Also if you use the right screws you can make it so you can use the backplate already in there.

Back