• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This enough juice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Way more than overkill for you. The PCP&C 510 is sufficent. It would be better for you to save money and get that. Heck, even the OCZ 520 powerstream and 550 fortron plg are sufficent, I for sure would not waste money going for the 850w and would get the 510w sli power pc and cooling at the very maximum. (Unless you're going to run your watercooling gear from the powersupply then that changes some things.)

That's enough power to power two rigs

If you gonna spend $500 for 850w you may get 1O00w model since it cost about same price, the 850w is closer to $400 now from a different seller

Last edited:
This is for a doctor who makes 1million a year. I can only hope to have a rig like that one day, lol. So money is no object. He has 4 houses, and just goes and buys a new porsche when he feels like it.

Jacobman said:
This is for a doctor who makes 1million a year. I can only hope to have a rig like that one day, lol. So money is no object. He has 4 houses, and just goes and buys a new porsche when he feels like it.

In that case, go for the 850...

what level of raid is going to be run?

Don't get the DFI because it doesn't sound like he wants to be wasting time on his computer. Get an epox board or an asus so it's stable without any problems. Also, just get a regular IDE burner (or two) and get a 300gb harddrive so you can run raid 10 for redundancy to protect his data.

Back