• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the CNPS9000 LED really compatible with the DFI NF3 250g?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

curme

Is it really compatible, or am I doing something wrong?

nF3_250Gb.jpg 9500_s_p.jpg

I guess, technically it does fit, but only if you want the heat from your video card sucked into your CPU (which kind of defeats the purpose of spending the big bucks to cool your cpu). I have an intake fan beneath my PSU, so I can't face the fan towards the top, because the intake from my PSU would fight with the intake from my CPU. Or is that a good thing?

There is a way to install the cooler the other way, but my AMD64 chip would have 1/4 of it exposed. The cooler doesn't cover the entire chip the other way.

This heatsinks bracket goes between the heatpipes. The fan would blow towards the back of the motherboard above the peripheral connectors. So from right to left, opposite of your pics!

http://www.zalman.co.kr/product/cooler/9500_LED_754_eng.html

As you can see, under the DFI MB listing... your board is compatible, and if you go back a page on the zalman website (where that link came from) you can see the installation instructions (http://www.zalmanusa.com/ go to the 9500 page) where it is show that the hs can be installed at either angle (front to back, or bottom to top... does that make sense?).

Hope this helps,

Jdrake90

ROH said:
This heatsinks bracket goes between the heatpipes. The fan would blow towards the back of the motherboard above the peripheral connectors. So from right to left, opposite of your pics!

Unfortunately, with a 64-bit CPU, when you do it that way, it leaves a bit of the chip exposed. The gap in the middle of the heat-pipes aren't centered, like the screws on the mobo is. So, the heatsink is going to be off-centered when you try to put the clip-in the 'right' way. Only those with smaller CPU's will get total coberage and get this thing to cool properly, unless I am missing something. I'm just upset that I spent the money on it, when it doesn't really fit right, for a big CPU like mine (AMD64) anyway..

OK, for the motherboard you purchased you will use the S-type Clip! This clip curves around the heatpipe to properly center the heatsink over the core of your CPU. unlike the regular L-Type Clip which is basically straight!

You will be fine.

O.

ROH said:
OK, for the motherboard you purchased you will use the S-type Clip! This clip curves around the heatpipe to properly center the heatsink over the core of your CPU. unlike the regular L-Type Clip which is basically straight!

You will be fine.

O.

Ok, thanks, I'll try it again I guess. I was hoping that I was just doing something wrong! I'll play with it when I get home from work.

If you continue to have problems, try posting a pic or two of what your finding is happening! hopefully we can help you figure it out! I have my replacement coming in a couple days as well. So once it gets here I can always compair it for you.

My original had a very uneven base. :(

O.

Back