• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What card supports the Dell 2005FPW native res of 1680x1050?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smilingcrow

I have an FX5200 AGP card that is fine for my needs. I’m considering buying a Dell 2005FPW and notice that it has an unusual native resolution which my graphic card doesn’t support. What cards are supporting the Dell’s resolution? I need AGP and nothing fancy, dual display, TV-Out.

Your card should support it. It wont show that res until you connect the LCD, then it will give you that option. As for gaming, I wouldnt recommend that card gaming at that res.

bchur83 said:
It wont show that res until you connect the LCD, then it will give you that option. As for gaming, I wouldnt recommend that card gaming at that res.
Not sure why that should be! It currently shows a very long list of resolutions up to 2048x1536, but not the one I want.
Gaming with an FX5200, you’re ‘aving a laugh ain’t ya :)

The resolutions seem to be managed by the card drivers themselves. IMO, nVidia does a better job of this as I just upgraded to SLI GTX's from an X850XT. Some of the games that would not fit the native resolution now all of the sudden do. But one thing for sure, I agree with bchur83, I would'nt recommend that card for gaming at that resolution which therefore undermines the reason for having the wide aspect lcd. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to a decent card x800 series or 6800 series and up.

Free_Loader said:
The resolutions seem to be managed by the card drivers themselves. IMO, nVidia does a better job of this as I just upgraded to SLI GTX's from an X850XT.
Thanks. I don’t want to buy the monitor and find out afterwards that I need to spend an extra $150 for a suitable graphics card. I don’t play games and only use passively cooled graphic cards, so your suggestions don’t fit my needs. I’ll simply choose another monitor if the card doesn’t support the resolution.

I just discovered that you can add custom resolutions, so that shouldn’t be a problem, as its well within the maximum that the card can handle.

Last edited:
Back