• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overburning With Nero 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

It says in the help files that it can damage your recorder what are the chances of this happening does overburning damage your CD. I don't use it at all to be honest probably 2 times since I bought my recorder 6 months ago.

Last edited:
Never mind figured it out it dosn't damage your recorder unless you use it all the time I just got an e-mail from BenQ which I sent a few days ago and forgot about.

The question was if overburning a cd will damage your cd-burner drive, as nero cautions.

personally I have not heard of or had any problems, but then I don't over-burn cd's too much. I think this was a big issue shortly after burners became commonplace, as when people wanted to backup their PC games, the games would often be just slightly larger than 700mb so this option was needed.

Back