• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkAlexandr

Registered
I just recieved my Acetal version Maze 4 gpu waterblock, but dangerden sent me the mounting kit for the 6600 series and below even though I paid extra for the 6800/7800. Now before this turns into an angry rant, is there any way to mount this puppy on without the proper mounting kit? Im not sure if they are going to have me send the whole package back or just ship me out the proper kit, but I am still waiting for a response so I thought to check with all of you who actually have used said blocks before.
Thanks in advance!
-DarkAlexandr

Personally I would just email dangerden and ask for the mounting kit, telling them that you paid for it and they forgot to ship it to you. However first go check to make sure you did indeed order it. Which brings up a great note for anyone reading this thread, before making a post email the company about it. Most respectable companies are usually willing to help and work stuff out with consumers.

they're gonna send you the kit free (obviously) the same method you had the rest of the stuff sent. no, the ati/6600 mounting system won't work on a 6800 series video card, sorry. dangerden seems to have problems shipping correct mounting kits, when i got my last one there was no mounting hardware at all :(

OK thanks! Good to know dangerden is good about getting people what they ask for (eventually). I sent them a message through their website and have to wait to hear back. Methinks it wont be till tomorrow as it is rather late for buisness atm. Good to know I'm not the only one to have problems like this. Had no end to the trouble with this new box of mine;
Wrong video card, fried PCI-E slot on mobo, Bad heatsink on replacement video card, now wrong mounting kit. I've cried over less (Ok I broke my arm. But I like my computer just as much).
Thanks for the assistance all!
-DarkAlexandr

Ah yes, but of course. Dangerden reshipped the proper holddown free of charge. The thing was a pain to put on, but its rock solid. Leak-testing went over without a problem, first time I've ever had that one happen :) Found out during the installation how much my tubing got stained from previous corrosion problem. (No antifreeze in distilled water; story ends badly, see above frying of the PCI-Express slot) As far as performance goes, dropped idle temps 30* from whence it came, and dropped load temps almost 40*. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper. 6800GT from 350mhz to 470mhz. Havent touched the memory yet considering its already plenty hot without any sinks on it, but that will happen before too long here. Lack of money, etc. Either way, card runs nice and cool even after overclock, and gained approx. 30% performance gain out of the overclock, and there's now tremendous amounts of Quake 4 to play. On High Everything. The giddyness about to ensue is shocking really.
-DarkAlexandr

Back