• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$300 to spend on new video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EPirate

Well its time to upgrade the 9800XT isn't cutting it for me anymore. I got $300 i was looking at the Powercolor X850 Pro on newegg for $254 or seomthing like that. Any suggestions?

If you're lucky, you may be able to get a 7800GT for that price. Otherwise, I would suggest a X800GTO2, provided you don't have to pay more than $230 for it.

from what I've seen, I'd vote for Sapphire X850GTO2 for sure. Just wait like 1-2 weeks, prices should come down to ~200 + shipping.

nkcd said:
from what I've seen, I'd vote for Sapphire X850GTO2 for sure. Just wait like 1-2 weeks, prices should come down to ~200 + shipping.
Why are prices expected to drop soon? Because of the new ATI cards being stocked? How likely is the price drop to occur?

I'm just curious because I may also be in the market for a new card.

electric sheep said:
Why are prices expected to drop soon? Because of the new ATI cards being stocked? How likely is the price drop to occur?

I'm just curious because I may also be in the market for a new card.

New ATI cards are comming in + holiday season + near the end of fiscal year for some companies, so older models will likely to go on clearance.

1-2 weeks is just my guess for it to go back to the price it should be. I bet it'll be cheaper near the end of November for sure. :)

I would to jump on it for the Xfire system if there're no such thing as a Xfire Mastercard. Oh well, I'm in no hurry :)

Gah so many possiblities!!! =( im also lookin to get that crossfire card when its released but arnt the x800s and x850s crossfire ready?

Well hmm... Im not gonna flash this right away, ive killed too many cards screwin with them so im giving it alittle time before i kill it. Would a X800XT be better then a X850Pro?

AGAIN

YOU DO NOT NEED A MASTERCARD TO RUN CROSSFIRE. The only reason you would need one is the rendering options (at least I believe thats what I read), but i'm 99.5% sure you do NOT need a mastercard.

If you're sticking with AGP, go with an x800pro agp, maybe x850xt if you're lucky. If you're going pci-e, either a Connect3D x800GTO or Sapphire GTO2 and flash them. :)

EPirate said:
I was just reading up on the x1800 im saving for a x1800xt screw the others.*drools* mmm power...

With 512Megs of ram right? :) Those come out what around Nov 3rd? Mmmmm 512megs of ram running near 2ghz :)

DamienKC said:
If you're sticking with AGP, go with an x800pro agp

He said he's saving for the x1800, so thats probably irrelevent ;)

but in anycase I would say the x850pro if your staying agp. might be a little more, but pretty much guaranteed to mod to a 16pipe x850 xt. Whereas the x800pros are much more hit and miss when it comes to unlocking the pipes.

Back