• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AsusP2b + Celeron 100Mhz Bus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gko761

I have an Asus P2b MainBoard rev 1.10 with Bios 1.12. Now I use a PII350 CPU.
I would like to know if I can use one of the latest Celeron CPU,
with 100Mhz Bus (ex. Celeron 1000) with it.
Must I change the cooler or the PII Cooler master is still good?
(since I don't want to overclock my sYstem)
Which is the best Slocket?
And PIII coppermine with 133Mhz Bus, can they work without overclocking the FSB of the Motherboard?

Hi gko761, welcome to the Forum,
Yes you can go with a Celeron 800 or better for me with a 900Mhz using a good slotket with adjustable Voltages (VCore), Asus, Msi or Abit are in order the best for me.
About the cooling section, well, now you're using a Slot1 HeatSink that must be replaced with one made for the Fc-Pga socket, the Thermalright SK6 and the Millenium Glaciator are the best, and remember to use always a very thin layer of thermal paste on the Cpu Core.
For the P/// question, yes, you can use a chip with 133Mhz of Fsb(EB series) but only going out of the i440BX chipset specs, infact they works with a Fsb of 133Mhz, but you can think to go with a P/// with the Fsb at 100Mhz like the 700~1000Mhz (E series) really a good way to go :) especially the last one!

I hope it helps you ;)

Back