• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ahhhh darn, i need a new heatsink...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Exi|e-

I was all happy, my motherboard was reporting load temps of 45c. Today i had some time to kill so i decided to stick a probe, to mesure the real temps. Ahhhh, i see, my motherboard forgot to had, i dont know, about 3 freakin degrees:mad: Now my max load is 48.2c after 15mins of the Sisoft burn-in test. So now i need a new heatsink, so i ordered the Sk6, i know i know some of you will say its not the best... but i dont have room for an Alpha or a Swiftech462. I currently have a Swiftech 370, temps are not that bad considering its aluminum. So now my temps are Idle:41c Load:48.2c :mad:

If you mean overclocked, no its not, but as i said im using the Swiftech 370 and i could use a bit more case cooling, i mesured the inside temp of my case and it got to 30c after about 2hours so it might help if i got some more fans going. I have 1 in the front (intake) and one in the back (out) maybe 1 or 2 on the side panel would help...

maybe you could reverse the one on the back and get a nice big fat blow hole on top that should help cool the processor by giving it fresher air and it would take less cutting do so
not that cutting up a case isn't fun
:D

The sk6 is a good heatsink for the price.But I think your headed in the right direction adding fans with a case temp that high.Alot of people Spend good money on a heatsink and then rant on about how there temps are still high and they forget how important it is to keep the case temp down.Heatsinks dont get rid of the heat they disperse it. Fans get rid of heat.

Back