• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your 7800GTX temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
I built a gaming beast that has the PNY 7800GTX video card. I've been running 3dmark 2005 for about 5 hours on stock core and memory, and got the core up around 72c. Is that ok? I know with my 6800GT, that would not be, but since the 7800GTX used less wattage, I don't know... Should I be concerned?

Joeteck

my temps are as low as 42C and as high as 77C overclocked.
this will soon change, hopefully this week when me new stasis gear arrives :p

completely stock havnt even applied AS5 or anything, this coming week hopefully my stasis icestorm setup should get here, I also bought the power regulator HS... I cant wait new toys :p

Rattle said:
completely stock havnt even applied AS5 or anything, this coming week hopefully my stasis icestorm setup should get here, I also bought the power regulator HS... I cant wait new toys :p

just remember to tighten that reg HS evenly =) To the original poster, my temps are 43c at idle and around 52c at the clocks in my sig. =)

52C idle at those clocks or full load?

try running rthdribl for 20 minutes take a screenie and post your load temp pic please.

nah with stock cooling thats normal, you could try taking off the cooler and applying AS5 to the core but it may only give you like 2-3c, I would replace the cooler altogether though.

Back