• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Good Website Programs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use Microsoft Front Page 2003. I'm no big Microsoft fan, but it's relatively simple to use and I have put together a pretty good website. I had never done one before. It's on the expensive side, but if you know someone who might let you borrow it it's good for fifty uses without registering it.

Notepad. :D

I used Frontpage 2000 and it just seemed too complicated. But then the site I was trying to work on was pretty messed up in the first place. :shrug:

Html kit helps alot
or Notepad

Photoshop for templates if i want to make a cool looking one. Just save the file from image ready by "save optimized as" then as "html and images" name it w/e you want and you have your layout. From this point you can continue to edit whatever else you want from the html file.

I've used Dreamweaver 2004 MX to design some stuff and I must say that is the most powerful one I've used. Everything seemed to fit where it should and I never had to read a book on how to use it. I did find occurences where I had to fix things myself in the code which doesn't matter to much if you know how to use HTML.

Do yourself a favor. Avoid WYSIWYG editors like the plague. But don't do it notepad either. Having to save what you're doing and then go open it in a browser is a pain.

Any HTML editor with a built in browser feature to "preview" your work will do great. In my web designing days, I loved Homesite...this was before Macromedia purchased it though - I haven't tried it since.

It depends on how much you know and how often (or how many sites) you plan on building. If you are just starting out, I would go with FrontPage 2003. Jumping into Dreamweaver can be a little overwhelming for some, but I do recommend eventually getting to it.

If you have ever used MS applications such as Word, Excel, Publisher, etc. you will instantly be familiar with most of FrontPage's features. You also have a "Split" screen mode where you can learn as you go along. It sells for dirt cheap at Best Buy or any retailer. You can ever order the 30-Day trial CD here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/trial.mspx

It's worth a try.

I do all my stuff in frontpage...then publish it in netscape composer (I find it easier)

Back