• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vcstrike

i was doing some wire management (or trying to) and since i don't use the front audio ports i decided to unplug the cables from my mobo and case. that was last night and i just got on now and i have no sound. do i need the front audio wire hooked up to the mobo to have sound? i know it's not the headphones because they work with my mp3 player. is there a problem with the onboard sound? i also reinstalled the audio drivers.

which pins would that be? i don't know much about this and i'm really confused.

ok i did that now i'm only getting sound out of the right side. if i unplug them a little i get sound out of the left side only. what's going on now?

i think i may have accidently bent one of the pins. can i bend it back or should i just buy a sound card?

Cullam3n said:
Hmm? That's odd... you sure you didn't put it in reverse, as in putting a jumper on pins 1-2 and not 9-10?
fixed. lol both menus on the motherboard were facing a different way. thanks for the help :)

edit- everything is working fine now thanks for the help. :cool:

Last edited:
Back