• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quake 4 in game Screenshot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twEEkerAreUs

Took a screenshot 1600x1200 Max Settings on High, not Ultra High (Doom 3 Lol) because it would be zero FPS haha. But yeah screen cap isn't playable either, thought I would crank it up just so you can see. 1280x1024 High with 2X/4X AA is smooth for me. So far what little I've played I like, but right away the first thing I thought was (This reminds me of Doom 3, but doesn't suck). Will see how it goes.

1.jpg

oh my, I can't wait for this game! I have to drive an hour to buy it. Trying to fight the urge and wait until the weekend so I can pick it up while I do my grocery shopping and such. Guys, keep the screenys comin'! :) Thanks for this one tweak.

Once you get about 30 - 40 minutes in, you'll forget Doom 3 had anything to do with it, aside from the fact that it's using the same engine. :)

Alright, I didn't play long last night but me & my friend Fyre that played it at the NY Convention played multi. He pretty much kicked my butt I'll admitt that, if you were a hardcore Quake 3 player you are going to own right away in this game.

A LOT of remade Quake 3 maps for multi and I noticed this classic Quake 2 map that was upgraded big time looked amazing. Mutli is fun, but like PC Gamer said brings nothing new to the table. None the less it is a lot of fun and x10 faster speed then single player.

Honestly if you got FEAR and played Single Player for a while, Quake 4 isn't going to blow you away but that's just my opinion. None the less it is pretty solid, couple bugs though with Refresh Locking which seems bizarre.

*Edit* Just use Nvidia Refresh Override option, that isn't buggy.

There isn't COOP either which sucks and 16 players max for Multi Hmmm...

Last edited:
Even though I'm one of the biggest Q2 fans out there i'm going to have to wait on buying this till some mods pop up for it. (i'm still addicted to battlefield 2)

TheGreySpectre said:
Thats EXACTLY what my first thought was

Lol hence why I said it, it reminds me of Doom 3 a lot. Just not as bad, multiplayer is same old same old nothing new. Lot's of Quake 3 remake maps, I suppose it's good for target practice haha. I never got into Quake 3 so I'm not really in awe over all these re-makes.

I love quake 3 still play the demo to, and thats why im getting quake4, but just want to know is the graphics the same as doom3? i know they use the same engine but wanted to kow if there any better then doom3?

i wouldn't be able to tell the difference in doom3 and this screenshot if i hadn't played them before.

mage_x said:
i wouldn't be able to tell the difference in doom3 and this screenshot if i hadn't played them before.

Same lol. The Physics caught my eye first as i thought it looked similar...looked closer and it was the same. I'm sure it will be a great game, i loved Doom3.

Feydd said:
Even though I'm one of the biggest Q2 fans out there i'm going to have to wait on buying this till some mods pop up for it. (i'm still addicted to battlefield 2)

I agree, its kind of funny how its supposed to be hte sequel to Quake 2 but its game play is exactly like Quake 3. They cater to all the Quake 3 fan boys instead of sticking with all the die hard q1/q2 people. I've waited for quake 4 for years to find out I could play quake 3 and be just as dissapointed. /rant

The engine is Doom 3, but like one review said, they make it do things you never expected. It's as if id had spent another year on Doom 3, Quake 4 is uber polished. Also...you're not fighting &*!%@&%^ imps all the time! W00t! Fewer dark hallways, several vehicle levels, and the stroggification scene is UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU'VE EVER SEEN. It was so gory, it makes the end rail scenes in HL2 when you're in the metal coffin look like a walk in through the land of my little pony. It was probably worth the $50 by itself...I laughed so hard.

A lot of people cry "Doom 3," but they forget that Quake 4 has none of the annoyances. No monster closets, no PDAs, the machine gun has a flashlight, no dark hallways, story begins quickly(no shooting zombies with the handgun for 20 minutes), the in game cutscenes are 1000X better, and the guns are powerful.

It keeps all the things I loved about Doom 3, like the walk-up-and-click door buttons and interfaces. High poly environments and character models with ridiculously detailed textures. Physics, ragdoll, and particle effects are all top notch.

Then it adds vehicles, better story telling, better looking NPCs, squadmates (medic and tech can heal your health/armor to full), and AI that gives you a run for your money. I think Doom 3 is great, but from the first minute playing Quake 4 it was obviously a better game.

Best shirt texture since Kyle Katarn's shirt in Jedi Knight 2.
my.php

Last edited:
Hrmmm... I have a $50 Amex gift certificate that I ought to spend... but can I tear myself away from WoW long enough to play another game??? lol

Back