• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$150 comp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeViL_909

Ok this deal was taken from Bit-tech news. It is a pretty decent comp for cheap. Computer

I take no credit for this find. It is a lower end comp with onboard vid, but has AGP 4x. Could make a good mediacenter for someone.

Everything about it is perfect for its price, except they should have sacrificed another 128mb for 256mb total... you can't really function with 128mb ram, with 256mb you can manage plenty.

14.98 shipped ground to me... ~$165 shipped... lol.

how is linspire 5.0 anyways?

I'm lost in linspire. It's just too dumbed down for my liking and I'd probably ditch it and install Gentoo or Xandros immediately, but they're all decent for the price. :)

I would ditch linspire as well. Looks like a decent starter system. If you run a lightweight wm (like icewm) on top of linux, it won't eat very much ram at all.

Linspire is the devil of the Linux operating systems. Unless they have changed it, Linspire creates all users as a root user, meaning any and all security Linux has worked to create, is destroyed. It might as well be Windows without the ability to use your windows stuff

ah, I have been thinking about buying this since I saw it posted last night. I need another PC to use as a web/database server and I am not sure if I just want to grab this or upgrade my htpc and use the left over parts to build the low end server.

Anyways, thanks for the great deal!

If you guys can wait, wait till Black Friday. These exact systems were selling for around 95.00 last year. The money saved would net you a decent videocard and ram. Just a thought of course :).

- Jim

I bought one of these last time this was on sale. It came, new, with a dead PSU. For sake of not haggling over replacement and being bothered, I bought a second hand PSU for $20 and it's been working fine since. With some upgrades (okay, a lot of upgrades) this system is my windows 2003 server. ;) Truthfully, it's a real POS... but was cheaper as a package for my uses than anything I could piece together elsewhere, even with a dead PSU. Mileage may vary, buyer beware!

ThePCGuy said:
If you guys can wait, wait till Black Friday. These exact systems were selling for around 95.00 last year. The money saved would net you a decent videocard and ram. Just a thought of course :).

- Jim

at around $100 this would be an unpassable deal and as you say with that extra $50 u can upgrade the ram or video, very nice indeed for someone who just needs an internet pc and to play maybe some music etc.

Back