• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet explorer need help asap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkVirusVx

First I would like to stress this is a work computer and I'm at work.

When I open up IE everything seems fine intill
go to a webpage. Then I get "Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"

So I reinstalled IE ran windoes update intill theres nothing left. When I restarted everything ran fine, but I was getting popups. So I downloaded Spybot and cleaned everything. There where less popups. I restarted and once again IE gives me errors. Explore works fine just not internet Explorer.

Any one have any ideas?

You said you were getting lots of pop ups. Are they comming from a website, or just out of nowhere? I'm assuming they're appearing no matter the website you're on.

This may be worth a shot.

Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced (tab) --> Browsing (section)

Uncheck "Enable 3rd Party Browser Extensions".

You might need to restart the computer for it to actually take effect. It's more than likely spyware of some kind. I've never had one program catch everything. I used to use a combo of Ad-Aware and Spybot to catch most of what's around.

You could also try it from safemode and see what happens. I'd also check msconfig and see what's starting up with your computer. Might be something there that could point you in the right direction.

Back