• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about delta tfb1212ghe wires

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Happy13178

Registered
I'm not all that experienced with wires, so just a quick question....my fan came with a molex 4 pin adapter, and a 3 pin as well. Red and black wires are attached to the 4 pin, and a blue wire is in the 3 pin...is the blue wire an rpm sensor, or power lead? I don't want to plug it into mobo, just to burn out the header.

well, right now cpu idles at about 47-48C...mobo about 31-33. Vid card with the vf700cu is sitting pretty solid idle at 43 and load at 46-48....never goes higher than that..just trying to figure out what to do about cable management in system. It sucks, but doesn't look like there's much I can do about it, because of the number of hard drives. I'm going to try to sell off smaller drives and get fewer bigger ones, but for now it's about as good as it gets. I'll post pics when I get home so you can all see the mess :p. What I'm debating right now is seeing if I can change direction of PSU fan so it exhausts out instead of towards cpu, as seen in another thread...just don't want to zap myself.

Right now in my case (Thermaltake Black Armor), I have 1 AFB1212SHE intake in the front of case, another one in the back as exhaust, and the TFB on the xp-120. The PSU (Enermax 600W SLI ed) has the 2 fans, one of which is blowing air into case. :p I've got an 80mm exhaust above the 120 in the rear of the case above the second HD cage, and a final 80mm at the top of the case pushing air out, but I may need to cut a hole for better flow...I doubt the little pinholes are doing much for flow.

So again, thinking of changing the fan direction in PSU, and maybe reversing airflow so air moves rear-front.

Full tilt, baby ;) Louder than hell, but for now I don't care. I have a couple lower speed 120mm deltas too....another AFB and an FFB, but the strongest are in use. If I get a good decrease in temps from screwing with the fans I may put in a fan controller (If I can find one strong enough) to lower levels a bit. They're all running at 12V right now though. Dunno how low it'll actually go on air though...anyone getting better than 48 or so on air with the 830s?

Happy13178 said:
I may put in a fan controller (If I can find one strong enough) to lower levels a bit.

Get a sunbeam fan controller to control any fan that operates at less then 1.6amps

I have the exact fan on my SI-120 and I couldn't take it at 12v for more than about 10 minutes. I modded it to 7v to and my hearing has returned. The sound is now tolerable and I still get great airflow. As we speak, my cpu temps are the lowest I've seen: 49C load (I'm running fah x2) / room temp 24C.

Back