• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Filezilla is destroying my life

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmh547

My roommate and i are trying to set up a server with a ftp function so share :cough: "school documents" however with no password setup for the anonymous acount everyone has as set in the anonymous privlages (e.g. if anonymous has readonly then everyone has readonly) however there is no welcome screens that allow you to log on. but the Filezilla interface says it is send a welcome message. please help.

I havent used it in a while, but with filezilla, the admin has to create different accounts for the different users that include username and Password. there are also 2 versions of filezilla (server and client) so just install the server version onto the computer that hosting the files, then set up everyones username and password and edit their privilages. thats really the only solution I see, because if everyone is logging on with an anonymous accoutn, then of course they would have the same privilages, you could try creating 1 account that isnt anonymous and have everyone use it, that way you can determine their privilages.

we do have one account "chris" set up with a password and it still does not ask to log in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back