• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LanParty Tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

Watsup guys!

Alright. Here it is. My friend is having a party and its gonna have a LAN event. Its just gonna be small because most of hte poeple attending are not hard core but play some games.

Some events that i've layed out is this:
2v2 Tournaments of Counterstrike (Condition Zero)
1v1 Tournament of CS Source
4 Player Free 4 All Unreal Tournament
and some other rts's that have not been decided.

For the 2v2, we have decided that players will be able to decide their own teammate and enter with them (obviously).

Games will be organized by first having round robins to decide the championship. The champion ship will then determine the winner.

There will be prizes.

When people arrive for the party, there wil lbe a sheet to sign up.

I am just worried if i should be looking out for something that may happen or pitfalls in my plan. Thanks guys.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. :) I'm really looking forward to this lan and party.

lanparty.com is a good start. I wouldn't worry about making a tournament, why don't you concentrate on getting people to show up first? If it's your first LAN you might want to consider getting rid of the tournament/sign up sheet idea, because you won't have any idea how many people will show up. If you have a few LAN parties at your house and with friends, then word of mouth might bring more gamers to your group. If you just post a tournament, you won't know if 5 people will show up or 50 people. Nor will you know their ages or skill level. Some good things to think about are:

1) where you're going to hold the event
2) where you're going to get tables/chairs
3) where you're going to order pizza from :D

Also, a lot of LAN parties have different groups of gamers. There might not only be CS players, I've seen people play C&C or Starcraft at a LAN and have a blast.

fuzzba11 said:
Also, a lot of LAN parties have different groups of gamers. There might not only be CS players, I've seen people play C&C or Starcraft at a LAN and have a blast.

Woah woah, wait just a minute. You mean to tell me that there are games OTHER than Counter-Strike?! :eek:

Wow! I never knew that!

:rolleyes:

Oni said:
Woah woah, wait just a minute. You mean to tell me that there are games OTHER than Counter-Strike?! :eek:

Wow! I never knew that!

:rolleyes:
Yeah I guess telling CSers about other games is pointless. :rolleyes:

Haha. :D

Yea. There will be RTS games as long as they bring their cd since we don't want illegal activities.

Thanks for the tip[s guys. I checked out lanparty.com. that was my first resource actually.

I am reading your article right now Oni.

Don't overlook your power situation... I went to a lan party... about 14 rigs in 2 rooms and the breaker would trip everytime the heat turned on... VERY VERY BAD! ESPECIALLY when everybody had been playing a very very indepth starcraft game for 2 hours and there was only 3 people left all had their fleets in motion to kill each other (for the 3rd time)...

Back