Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

Josform the Woh????

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 10-21-05, 02:13 AM Thread Starter   #1
heezer7

10 Year Badge

Josform the Woh????

I recieved an email today in a business setting starting

Josform the Woh

Body of email.....

and no signature, from a company I was going to be buying $40k in products. I will leave off the name of the company for now to get an unbaised response. the email also has a bit of an errogant tone with a few CAPS words. Well, most of all does anyone have a clue what "Josform the Woh" mean/stands for? I have been searching google and asking friends with no luck. Thanks for any help!

Lots of SETI Power! | Heat
heezer7 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-05, 10:31 AM   #2
orionlion82

possible they no longer control ther computers... as in zombies...spam zombies, with fangs... or some employee made his coffee a bit too irish. either way, thats not confidence inspiring for a purchace like that.
orionlion82 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-05, 11:07 AM   #3
Malpine Walis
Disabled

Can you use that in a sentence?
Malpine Walis is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-05, 11:08 AM Thread Starter   #4
heezer7

10 Year Badge

haha, I am just not sure if it was funny or a mean remark or what. It was after a "I have been doing this for 7 years and there is no way you can purchase that for even twice the price you are asking..." phone call after I got that price from their web site originaly. Oh well, for risk of ruining my fair chance on an unbiased response, it was Dell. He changed a system configuration on me to make it 5k more and I called him out on it.

So what does it mean anywone....?

Old 10-21-05, 11:20 AM Thread Starter   #5
heezer7

10 Year Badge

OK, during a phone call he asked me about how much one of the desktops I picked out cost online. I told him about $4,800 and He said no way that was too low. He said I was looking at upper 9k. He then sent me this email with a quote attached for th emachine where he says he followed my copy of their cart from before exactly but he did not, making the price 5k more (bye selecting 2x2GB ram sticks instead of 1x4GB sticks which I had spelled out for him in the initial document I sent him)

Full Email:

Josform the Woh

this is the Precision for Morris and doing a direct copy Word document and without a discount at this point this is the WEB Pricing I come up with

If you would be so kind as to copy me on the CART I will pull it in and see exactly where I went wrong

-------------------------------
Reply stuf here...

He has been a nice guy.... right....

Old 10-21-05, 12:32 PM   #6
orionlion82

its either a scam or ESL issues. wierd....
orionlion82 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-05, 01:34 PM   #7
zip22

ask him.
zip22 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-05, 01:48 PM Thread Starter   #8
heezer7

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip22
ask him.
Yeah, I was going to if no one knew. He is not at work today, but we have a call scheduled for Monday. I am going to ask him then if no one else knows.

Old 10-21-05, 07:40 PM   #9
Alucard

Just curious but why are you buying a dell anyways?

PSU: Corsair 750w
RAM: 2x2gb Corsair Dominator 1066
SC: Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
VC: ASUS EAH4870 1GB.
Alucard is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-05, 08:00 PM   #10
Malpine Walis
Disabled

What I would ask him would have to be what country he is in. Frankly, that sounds like some variant of engrish to me.
Malpine Walis is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-05, 08:09 PM Thread Starter   #11
heezer7

10 Year Badge

I am in the US. I am ordering a bunch of PCs and servers for a friend of the family who is starting up a business. He wants Dell mostly because of the service repair.

Old 10-21-05, 08:40 PM   #12
four4875

i think malpine meant where the rep you've been talking to is. ive only encountered dells support rep, "Dave" once, and he seemed like he sat through a few hour americanization class and was on his tech support journey. i will give him that he was very polite and respectful, more than i see from most americans.

it does look like an engrish variation to me as well, i hope there was nothing negative intended.

my first impression when i saw the word DELL along with a 4 grand figure, was a server with high end support package (with the dell tech at the door next day kind of service)

Old 10-21-05, 09:02 PM Thread Starter   #13
heezer7

10 Year Badge

yeah, 2 high end servers and 3 desktops with same day service. The guy sounds very American. I just did a lookup on his name and found some one with the same name with a texas address where Dell has at least on large center. Not sure if it is him or what ever, but I bet you he is American at least!

Old 10-22-05, 07:55 AM   #14
four4875

in that case.. i have no idea what josform the woh could be lol. it makes no sense at all, so id go ahead and ask him lol.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.