• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push and pull .. ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OkydOky

I'll be placing BIPIII inside the bottom of a CM Stacker.
I'll be Using 6 120mm Nexus fans. I'll also be placing 3 120mm fan filters, to reduce dust inside the case.

I am thinking of using 6 Fans, due to the flow restriction teh filters will cause.

I was simply wondering if this was a good idea, or if the extra 3 pull fans will be useless.

Thanks.

SewerBeing said:
by about 1C, it does not really matter much on the BIPIII since it has such little air restriction. Only on the BIX with a decent heatload does it really matter.

Yes.. But I'm worries with the low CFM fans I'll have and Dust filters that there simply won't be enough air flow - Hence why I'm adding the other 3 to full.

The dust filters should not be a huge issue and personally you are getting a BIPIII your temps should not change all that much.

However, if you are sold on going push pull then at least try this first. Order three fans and if you like your temps (pull of course) then you saved yourself some money. If not then you can always order three more.

If the filter is restricting flow too much, see if you can work out a way to use a larger filter. If you're currently using a flat filter, look for something about the same size with deep pleats. If your case has a small intake, consider cutting a larger one in the floor and installing a big filter underneath.

Btw, pull-pull should work at least as well as push-pull.

Push-Pull wasn't worth the extra noise for me. Pull works just fine with my PA-160, and I'd guess the same with any low restriction rad.

Yes, pulling seems to provide a slight advantage, however, it's not much. Hence if the geometry of your case makes pushing much easier, don't be afraid to push.

Back