• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Parts Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GearShift3r

Hey guys,

After browing through the Water Cooling section for a few weeks, it's dawned on me that maybe it should be my next project. I've never done anything water-cooling related yet. I'm looking to do it around Christmas but I would like some recommendation on high and middle-end parts and some "do's and don'ts" of water-cooling.

All input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
GearShifter

Do you want to put a block on your VC or chipset too? As for good parts this thread has good parts, but they are gonna be mostly high end too.

I've been looking at the Black Ice Pro and the Thermochill, which one has better performance?

Thanks

well it depends personally just for the price factor I would stay away from the Thermochill unless its the PA160 in which case its recommended. Besides that the BIP series rads are for fans that move under 80CFM (each) while the BIX series rads are for fans that move over 80CFM (each). It all depends on what you want so please read what I linked in my first post.

I'm looking to water-cool because air cooling just isn't cool enough for me. Money here is not the issue. I'm looking for the highest performance parts that are available.

I'm looking into cooling only my CPU(LGA775) for now, since I do not have a high-end graphic card that requires water-cooling. BIXIII would be the Black Ice Extreme 3? What's the difference between that and the Thermochill?

Thanks!

What rersevoir is good out there? I'm looking for something external.
Oh, and some coolant!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Back