• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp Sp2, RAID Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OkydOky

I'm sorry to ask this, I remember reading something about this, but I can't seem to find it again. And I want to make sure..

With Win Xp Pro SP2 Install, you do not need a floppy for SATA RAID controllers, correct?

Is the RAID array going to be your OS drive, or just a DATA storage drive? You only need the RAID Drivers at Install Time w/ F6 if the RAID Array is the OS drive...

:cool:

So for a fresh install on Two SATA 16 200GB Maxtor DiamondMax in Raid 0, Using the Onbaord Raid controller of a DFI Lanparty Nf4, I'll need a floppy drive for the drivers?

Any way to put those drivers on a CD (even the windows CD install itself) so I do not need a Floppy?

It is possible to slipstream them onto the install disk,but it can be a difficult process.Just do a Google search and you can find many usefull links.

Yup - you will need the F6 + Floppy, OR you will need to slipstream the RAID drivers. I had success using nLite to add my text-mode RAID drivers to my XP-Pro CD, and I was able to have an unattended XP Install CD w/o having to hit F6! I was suprised it worked so easily. nLite also allows adding other drivers, Unattended Install, Hotfixes, Slipstream SP2, etc. A VERY cool free program...

:cool:

Back