• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Home vs XP Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froggy

First off I did a search and did not get any results, so if there is prior threads, please point me to them. Now on to my question, Is there a measured performance difference between Home and Pro??? I am primarily a gamer and delve into Photoshop from time to time. Those are the only two apps that push my PC to any degree. Any input?? The PC this OS will be on is my under construction one in my signature.

the differences in my IMO are quite odd. Like being able to get files off someone while they are roaming accounts, is not available in windows home.

leg.

if you are not planning on doing much networking, and aren't that interested in tweaking windows, XP home in a default form is slightly faster than XP pro, as it has fewer running processes (but Pro's can be disabled), therefore less cpu usage and more system resource availble. If you plan on doing much with a network, Pro is the way to go, as it has much more configurations and network capabilites.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I don't need the networking connectivity as I am only connected to a router, so XP home it is.

Back