• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rialto getting HOT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vipasnipa

So my X800XL AGP puts out a ton of heat at load, but I noticed that the Rialto bridge in particular, which has this strange pink-ish pad over the chip, gets really hot. I was wondering if this might be the source of some artifacts? If I put a decent heatsink on there to replace this thermal-pad looking thing, would that improve my overclocking situation at all?

Even if it doesn't, I'd feel more content if that damn thing didn't get so hot.

If it gets that hot im sure it couldnt hurt to put a little sink on there. U never know but its sure gotta be better than it burning up.

if it has a pink pad on it had a hs at one point...means it fell off so get some AS epoxy and epoxy a hs onto it...i had to do that on a x700 i had a hs fell off one of the chips and started to get artifacts so i epoxed a nice lil hs on there and no more problems...

Duke

Im not suprised. Any bridgechip like that ought to get might hot on load. Im very suprised ATi didnt bother to put a decent heatsink on it

Back