• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS Multiplier Message ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dunga Bee

In doing some experimenting tonight, I tried running at 140 * 11.

My computer posted then gave me an error telling me that my CPU was locked for overclocking.

What is that ???

I have changed the multiplier when experimenting with the FSB, but I have not tried to set it above the stock 10.5.

Has anyone seen a message like that ???

I thought since I was able to lower the multiplier that meant that the CPU was unlocked.

Not true?

Would that also explain my instability at 10*150 ?

Thanks again.

All of the 1.4's are unlocked to my knowledge. I would try the chip in a different mobo if possible. It is a 1.4 t'bird, right?

Yes, it's a T-Bird.

I have had it post and start in to Win2K using a multiplier of 11 before. This is the first time I saw this message. Maybe I hit some kind of limit or something on a component and that triggered that message. Or maybe my voltage somewhere dropped.

I still can't figure out why it is so unstable when I get up in to the 1.5 GHz range with any multiplier / FSB combo. Seems like no matter what, it is unstable above 1.5?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

maybe when it was unlocked iyt wasn't done very well, so check if its connected.... just a hopeful idea, try a bios update and reset your bios then reload your settings.
Let me know how you get on.

Everything looks unlocked properly.

It just seems like I cannot get to 1.5. Not matter the combo of multiplier / FSB, it will lock up at 1.5 or above.

What would cause this. My PSU is an HIC 300W, which is not great.

Could that be it?

What typically limits an overclock like that?

Thanks.

try doing it wif your bios setting at minimu. (ie memory) it could be that one of your cards is maxed out, then again your signatire says its only oc'ed 25mhz......

I my BIOS I can up the vCore to 1.85 without the L7 volt mod. I know if I do the mod I can go above 1.85 but I don't think that's my problem.

The FSB does not seem to be the problem since even if I lower it and up the multiplier, I still have problems at 1.5.

Could the memory be a problem? I thought only the FSB caused the memory to gripe, but can overall MHz cause problems?

Or, could it be the 300W PSU?

Thanks again for the help.

What are your temps? I've only had stability problems out of a 1.4 at 1.5, when I had temp issues.

Not sure what my idle temps are since the computer is always folding, but my load temps are in the low to mid 40s.

Seems like that would be OK.

Yep that should be fine. I would go back to my cards. When I build a new system, I leave everything out except my vid, use low mem timings, find a sweet spot, and then start adding everything back in. Sounds like something in he system is limiting you, and the fastes way to find out is to add one thing at a time.

Back