• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MX518 with USB-PS/2 adapter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrkLrdsSlv

Thanks to my huge apetite and Mcdonalds, I have finally saved up enough Best Buy Bucks to buy myself a shiny new Logitech MX 518. I plan on using a USB to PS/2 adapter because of the higher refresh rate (I think) and lower CPU use (once again, I think) of PS/2. Would I be losing any of the MX158's features doing it this way?

I don't know why but on my MX510 the manual shows to always use the PS/2 adapter. I don't really know why, but that is the way I have my mouse set up and have had zero problems.

In a word, no you will not lose any performance if you use the PS/2 port.

However, it is recommended that you set up the refresh rate in the mouse menu if you do use a PS/2 port.

Evil_Eye said:
In a word, no you will not lose any performance if you use the PS/2 port.

However, it is recommended that you set up the refresh rate in the mouse menu if you do use a PS/2 port.

How do the refresh rates vary between USB connection and PS/2 connections?

Some motherboards can interact with mice, but only if it's connected with the PS/2.
That's the only reason I can come up with.

Last edited:
Back