• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian-Li PC777(the odd one) quality??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomatosaurus[RE

Hello

Ive put my comp on top of my desk now rather than hidden in the cable mesh below it. This way, I gets alot less dirty, and I can now also vacumm the floor. :santa: But its not very nice to look at.

I had one Lian-Li case before, the PC-75 full tower, and after that I said never again. Nice to look at, but very flimsy(unstable) and loud.

Does anyone know if the shell case PC777 is flimsy and loud aswell?

The reason for it being loud is because of the fans. As for flimsiness, i cant comment much on that... yet. (getting one soon) :santa:

Lian Li is pretty much the dominate when it comes to quality, so.... i assume ( i dont know for sure) that the 777 will be just as good quality as the others. IMO theres only one way to find out if its good quality, TRY IT OUT! :santa: :cool:

Lian-Li good quality??? :-/ I thought they had exactly not that....it made alot of sounds cause the pieces didnt fit togther right. Made ALOT of vibration noises.

Tomatosaurus[RE said:
Lian-Li good quality??? :-/ I thought they had exactly not that....it made alot of sounds cause the pieces didnt fit togther right. Made ALOT of vibration noises.

that is odd. lian-li is generally considered the best. i have a v1000b and love it, i think it's extremely high quality.

Tomatosaurus[RE said:

Pieces not fitting together? Do you mean like sidepanels, drive covers or what? Sorry to hear about your PC-75. Its not like Lian Li to be like that.

The PC-75 I've read is a less expensive unit than the v2100's, and the 7077 and the like. It may have a thinner gauge metal. When you get into the 200 dollar range though, there is no flimsiness at all, I can assure you of that. My freind has a silver 7077, and that thing is built right. In fact, I kid him all the time that I'm gonna steal it if he doesn't keep it locked down. hehe :)

On the 777, I don't have a clue. The 777 is new territory, but the Lian-Li's that I have seen are first class, and you can't buy a better quality product. They are works of art. The 777? I don't know whether I would call that artwork, or what personally. haha People have said it "grows" on you, but it hasn't done much for me yet, except scare me. It basically looks like a snail. My computer is a not a snail, and I sure don't want it looking like it is. Snails are slow. I've said this before in other threads. I think Lian Li was drunk when he designed that case. hehe :santa:

Last edited:
maybe you got a cheapo knock off? i've seen one by jetway or hawk or something i forgot.

-1cem4n

I got it in a retail Lian-Li box, and I bought it from a thrustworthy place. So I do belive that it was a real PC-75 and not a copy. :santa:
I agree that it appeared to have a high level of craftmanship at first, but as time went on I got to think that was just for the eye. A good desgined case does not make whatever spinning item 10 times louder(or so) while they are mounted in the case!!! For instance: I had a CDRW drive fail on me, just after warranty expired(Plextor quality!!!), it did still work but did very odd noises. When I had the drive in my Compucase miditower( a regular steel case) it had an almost normal sound, but In the PC-75, you would think the discs would break or something from the sound of it.
I bought sound dampening plates, grommets, a silent PSU and nothing helped.

It looked cool, sure, but I can never accept bad function no matter what it looks like. :-/

Back