• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

19" LCD for my girlfriend.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Thread is now officially a real cyber deal!!!

Check it out:
Dell e193FP (19”) LCD Flat Panel --> $230.30 + ship!
This came out to be $235.90 or something for me to be shipped to Connecticut (gf's rents' place)
30% off Coupon Code: F0Q6HZ0FCT?4F1 Exp 10/27 5:59am CT
$35 off $300 Coupon Code: $DF97G9KXSNJWW Exp 10/26 5:59am CT

Some Specs:
1280x1024, 500:1 contrast ratio, 16ms response

------------------------------------------------------------

**THIS IS NOT FOR GAMING**

I can't take it anymore. She is BEGGING me to find her a 19" LCD. She says that she'll "pay for it," but what kind of a boyfriend am I buying myself a 24" Dell Widescreen and nothing for her. I had also bought the 20" Dell Widescreen that I ended up giving to my friend since I liked the 24" more. My friend isn't going to pay me for another few months, and she's like "Oh, you gave it to Doug?" (she didn't say anything after that, but she has a point). She did offer me cash for the widescreen, but we both decided that she doesn't need anything like that. She browses, email, you know... the girly kinda stuff, lol. She does NOT game, and she won't do it no matter how much I try, lol.

Okay so....
I have to get her a 19" LCD soon, before she buys one herself. She thinks I'm looking for one for her to buy, but I want to get her one.

I've seen a bunch, but I can't make up my mind on what's good and what's not.

Here are some I've looked at:

The Acer AL1914B (last two in list) is the one I'm leaning towards, but I have never seen it in person, so how do I decide? Buy.com has that same exact one for $259.99 shipped - $20 MIB = $239.99, and ZZF has it for $259.99 shipped right above the newegg one.... I'd rather order egg for a few more bucks I guess.

The only thing is that if I buy online and there are dead pixels or I don't like the performance that it'll cost me an arm to ship it back (if they even take it back).

What you guys think? If you see anything else you recommend plz let me know. I want to get her one ASAP. :)

TYIA

~Garo

Last edited:
Well, for someone not looking for a gaming monitor, you have a couple of the better gaming LCD's on your list. The only one I would add would be the Hyundai L90D+ (make sure it has the "+"). It's only $319.99 at the Egg and uses the same Samsung panel that the 915N does, but with added bonus of DVI input.

Linky

That being said, if price is your thing, I'm sure the Acer will be fine too. And it would be suitable for the occasional game if the mood arises.

dude.. get that BenQ man! those ARE gaming LCDs!

edit: i bought the acer for a client. its a nice LCD.. the best part about it is it is 234+14shipping (No MIR!) if your gunna get this one, get it soon! you gotta click on the price to see it.

the benq is a far better lcd, but if shes not gunna use it then i guess there is no point in spending $50 more

Really, Mdogs, can you link me? (EDIT: Now I see... you meant the E193FP, not the 1905FP) What's the diff between those two anyways? It's like a $50 difference...

@ROMAD... already looked into that. She doesn't use DVI from her PC first of all, and secondly the Samsung 915N is cheaper (after MIB) than the Hyundai. Thirdly, she's not gaming so I don't think I should spend the xtra for it.

@ECS, you think she would see a need (or see some quality difference) between the BenQ and the Acer? She's only gonna browse her "Stampin' Up" website (she's a demonstrator for them as her side-job), she's gonna browse regular stuff, she's gonna check emails, and maybe watch flash videos or something from someone's email.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm gonna go for the Dell... Dell monitors just have been doin alright with me.

The 1905fp or the E193FP... that is the question. The main difference is the stand or what?

Okay guys... I just bought the E193FP 19-inch Dell for $235.90 shipped to my gf's parents. I'll have them give it to her as a surprise.

Thanks for your help!!! :)

I hope you guys know that this thread is actually now a cyberdeal.

E193FP 19-inch Dell for $235.90 shipped!!!

Back