• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

confused about removeable 5.25" drive bays

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d3v

Hello,

I need a drive bay to fit my 5,25" rack so I can put a harddrive in it but I'm slightly confused.

I want this one -http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8711345188&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

But it says it fits 3.5" IDE harddrives but harddrives are 3.9" width and 5.5" in length. Well, atleast my 4 hard drives are and they are of multiple manufactuers!?!?!?!!

So anyway, my question is, WTF is that all about but more importantly, will be 3.9" by 5.5" harddrive fit that bay I linked you to?

Thanks in advance :shrug:

These are standard sized and the 3.5" size refers to the diameter of the platters in the case. It will fit properly. Be wary of noise, some of the 40mm fans used can be abrasively loud.

3.5 refers to floppy and hard drives, 5.25 refers to dvd or cdrom drives, they are all standard sizes unless it states 2.5 which is laptop drives.

i had the same question, i want to install hot swappable hdd in my pc and this answered my questions.

thanks guys!

Beginner said:
i had the same question, i want to install hot swappable hdd in my pc and this answered my questions.

thanks guys!

I can't see the link at work, but if it is for the enclosure i think it is, i don't belive it is hotswaptable, unless its SATA.

Back