• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help w/ upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

script

Registered
Ok, keep in mind this is a dell 4700c. :bang head

CURRENT SPECS:

Pentium4 Processor 520 with HT technology(2.80 Ghz, 800FSB)

512 Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 400MHz(2x256M)(2 slots for RAM)

64MB PCI Express x16 ATi RAdeon x300SE

160GB SATA (7,200rpm) Hard Drive

160W Power supply
========

Ok, with all the latest games coming out, I need to be able to keep up. SO i need your help, helping me upgrade.

Im lookg for:

- RAM 1GB
- GFX card; 6800GT+
- PSU (i have one choosen)

So if you can help me find parts that will work well w/ what i have much <3

:welcome:

I am happy with my Mushkin purchase, and given it's value price, has performed very well, in my opinion.

As for GFX card, the X800 GTO2 is a very good card, which has a high success rate of being modded to have 16 functional pipelines.

PSU, you could get by with a Fortron AX500-A.

Some questions you should answer to help us are:

1. Will you be overclocking? If so, how heavily do you intend to do so?
2. What is your budget?
3. Whereabouts are you located?
4. Do you have a standard ATX case? I'm curious because of the 160w PSU you mention.
5. Exactly what model of motherboard do you have?

If I'm reading it right you want to do a few upgrades with your Dell. One of the upgrades being a psu. I could be wrong, but I know older model Dells were a pain to upgrade the psu, the wiring on the Dell psu's are different, than any other psu you would buy at a store, but I'm not sure about your model.

I had the Dell 4550 at one time and I know it had one of those psu's that was hard to replace.

Know Nuttin said:
:welcome:

1. Will you be overclocking? If so, how heavily do you intend to do so? No
2. What is your budget? 200-500$
3. Whereabouts are you located? Florida
4. Do you have a standard ATX case? I'm curious because of the 160w PSU you mention. I don't think sure, I could be wrong.http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_Dimension_4700C_for_Business/4556-3118_7-31153042.html
5. Exactly what model of motherboard do you have? Um, to be honest, I dont know :shrug: [b/]

Sorry if theis doesn't Help.

From the looks of it, that dell appears to have half-height pci slots, and use a special power supply. I don't think you will be able to fit a standard power supply or video card into it. But... you can always take everything out of the case and run it on your desk.

4700c_chassis_open_314.jpg

Back