• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need virus help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Attached is a SS of a virus that norton and McAfee keep finding. Neither can seem to delete it and its really bugging me.

Here are the steps i have taken to get rid of it...

Reinstalled windows about 8 differant times, each time doing a full reformat (even the NTFS, not the quick but the slow reformat). Both norton and McAfee, Panda online virus scan, and some other one (can't think of the name). Only Norton and Mcafee find it, and neither can get rid of it. Panda and the other online virus scanner can't even find it.

It hasn't really done anything to my computer, but i don't like the fact of having a virus on my computer. Norton states its a virus from 2003 that was really big on Kazaa. I haven't had Kazaa EVER on t his system, nor any system i have had in like 4 years lol.

virus.jpg

Please i really wanna get rid of this thing!

Do a search on your HD for Detector.exe, and manually delete it from Safe Mode. Simple as that. If that doesnt work, boot to a boot disk and delete that way.

bchur83 said:
Do a search on your HD for Detector.exe, and manually delete it from Safe Mode. Simple as that. If that doesnt work, boot to a boot disk and delete that way.

Thanks man, that fixed it. Been a looooong day, i can't believe i never thought of that! lol

Back