• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AVG Antivirus detecting something.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
O_m_g !

Actually that is perfectly normal...just click to close. It always says that. I've been using AVG for quite awhile and like it much better than Norton, and you can't beat the price...(free).

Bhugarov said:
Actually that is perfectly normal...just click to close. It always says that. I've been using AVG for quite awhile and like it much better than Norton, and you can't beat the price...(free).

No its not. I have ran AVG for several years, and never have I gotten that.

@op: Can you give us alittle more information about what its saying?

C:\\Windows\System32\user32.dll
C:\\Windows\System32\shell32.dll
C:\\Windows\System32\ntoskernel.exe

They are all "Changed" in the log. That's what I can give you for now.

Researching it, I found a similar problem, and the user stated they fixed it like such:

Found it. Silly me. I was searching to find an option to accept the change
or something similar. When I should have:
1) Shut down AVG.
2) Delete C:\AVG7QT.DAT
3) Restart.

Is that the definitions file? And to the OP, NO it's not normal. Been on AVG for many moons, and never had those errors... do that ^^^

Great. Thanks for the help guys! It doesn't show up as "Changed" anymore, but does anyone know what caused the problem? Oh... and my System registry files are showing something, now...

Happened to me before , it said a file was changed, it can't be bad thing otherwise it would say.

Back