• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Locks up. AMD k7t

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThermaGoth

I need help. i don't know what the problem just that when i play like Unreal and uses D3D my computer sometimes lockup so i have to reboot it..i'm using a Geforce 2 MX 400 and an AMD k7t 1.2ghz
it is not a heat problem that i know of. i had some heat problems when i first bought the processor. but i put in 6 fans in it and now it has idle temp of 42 celcius instead of 50 when i bought it

it is not only Unreal it happens in other games aswell,
would be very thankful for an answer to this
mailing me a copy of the answer would be helpfull cause i am not logged in this forum so often..

K7T lockups

I am assuming when you say AMD K7T 1.2GHz you mean that you are running an Athlon 1200 on an MSI K7T (Turbo?). If I'm wrong then ignore this.

If Im right then I have a question - are you using the 1.0B16 performance BIOS? I was using that since I got the board, and had lockups every so often. Never attributed it to the BIOS.

Then I got a Radeon 8500 - would crash every 5 minutes. Upgraded the MB BIOS to Ver3.0 (latest) and now the 8500 is rock solid.

If you are using an MSI board, make sure to download the newest BIOS.

Back