• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Bigwater Second Edition + Mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerDave

Registered
My Thermaltake Bigwater SE install :) its a good beginners kit and if i had more case room i would of bought all seperate parts. but i am impressed with the temps i am getting. on my asus en6800gt @ 385c/1050m i get 42c idle and 46-48 load. cpu is 3500+ @ 2420 mhz (not a big over clock but it gets me amazing memory performance :) 31c idle and 38c load. and the swiftech copper northbridge cooler (allthought not relivent to this post) 28-30c northbridge temp. northbridge, cpu, gpu all using artic silver 5 thermal grease. just getting these pics out for comments and what not :)

Attachments

• 01-draining the system.JPG
    01-draining the system.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 02-stock hsf of asus en6800gt takin off.JPG
    02-stock hsf of asus en6800gt takin off.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 04-gpu waterblock installed.JPG
    04-gpu waterblock installed.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 116
  • 11-everything hooked up.JPG
    11-everything hooked up.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 14-on and nothing blown up.JPG
    14-on and nothing blown up.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 117
yeh im very impressed with them.. considering my room is so bloody hot. with my old comp @ 2500+ @ 11x200 so 3200+ barton. i had the volcano 12 and @! friends houses idled @ 42 and hi of 48 but in my room it idled @ 48 and hit 55c =/. so im happy and i bet temps would go down if i was in a cooler room too!

i had one of these kits a few months ago when i first got into wc.. it is a real good starter kit and gives good temps.. but i had a few probs.. bad anodising on a part caused corrosion and the also block cracked..still waiting for refund... apart from my mishaps.. its a good kit... check some ov my older posts for piks ect

did u get the se? or just the normal one? the block is the same so that prob might still happen if it was not a defect.. but the block is pretty good. but the pump in the older one died on tons of people... hence why the new pump is totally diff. somehow outputs less flow but performas better. my guess is cuz the water sits in the blocks longer and in the rad longer so has more time to suck up the heat and more time to cool down.

Back