• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator Options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nickdeveau

I searched and didn't really find a straight answer for this question so I figured I would start a new thread about it. I have an antec P180 that is brand new and wanted to buy a blackice pro II 120mm rad but I really dont want to cut the case up since any place i would be able to cut has a special layered design. Basically I am just curious about how much of a real world performance difference I will see between the dual and the single running dtek whitewater on a X2 3800 with a chipset block on a nf8 sli board.

I think you misunderstood me. I can mount a single 120 unit but I am not sure how much of a performance difference it will be between that and the dual 120mm. I'm trying to decide whether it's really worth cutting it up...

The dual will be able to dissipate about 50% more heat typically, so its worth it, but it depends how much work you are willing to put in. 2 rads will work for you, will just add some restriction. if your gonna use 2, i would get xfow's and as it has already been mentioned, you could use a radbox to mount a dual externally.

I might have to mount externally even though i really think it is gross looking

X-Flow is single pass and low restriction radiators so depends on where you want to be mounted to choose your radiators for better to route your tubing, as far as the performance goes I see no differences between single pass and dual pass

Would two single 120mm fan xflows perform the same as one dual 120? Would the restriction be the same

The two rads approach would add some extra flow hit due to the added tubing, etc. You can use two rads, but I think you would be better off finding a way to mount a dual. It is easier to use just one rad than trying to find the room for the extra tubing that 2 rads require. There are a lot of ways to mount a dual rad. You just have to be creative.

well the more the water has a chance to get cooled down, the better..........thats what i was goin with.........an somewhat educated guess.....and guess is the important word in that

Back