• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800GTX SLI-- Rendering mode question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Despotes

I just received my 2nd 7800GTX card today and cannot find the option to select alternate frame or split frame rendering anywhere.
In the 81.87 settings--if I select the BF2.exe profile the only rendering mode(Advanced Global Driver Settings) available says "Predefined (Read only)". :bang head
Does that mean BF2 won't allow me to select rendering modes or am I missing another option somewhere? :shrug:

Thanks IA

BF2 should already have a profie. It has one in the 81.85 drivers, but if you go into the "Performance & Quality" section of the nVidia control panel and set the "View" mode to advanced settings. Scroll towards the bottom of the settings section and you should see "SLI rendering mode". It should be the second from the bottom.

You will need to create a profile for BF2 to edit the rendering mode.

That's exactly where I was, but only "Predefined(Read Only)" is available as a rendering option. There aren't any for split frame or alternate.

Update---SLi Antialiasing is there now after I created a profile, but still no Alternate or SPR

Another update--Installed Coolbits(Thought RivaTuner would suffice) and now all the rendering mode options are there. :cool:

Last edited:
Back