• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which HD for SATA RAID 0 on NF7-S rev 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wmiddleton

Right now I'm looking at possibly getting two 74GM raptors to run in my rig (see sig).

Wondering what HD's offer the closest performance to the Raptors if I wanted to step down in price.

Also if anyone see's any potential bottlenecks (see sig specs, will be adding another stick of 512 RAM also).

The RAID 0 drives would be driving a local Access DB (possibly SQL in the future... it's a hobby/non-mission critical type of DB so I have no problem running RAID 0 for it).

wm, some have done the following to keep the cost down. they use serillel adapters on cheap pata ide drives.

i have 2 of these serillel adapters myself. if you bought your mobo retail it will have a sheet with info. and instructions with it.

Beginner said:
wm, some have done the following to keep the cost down. they use serillel adapters on cheap pata ide drives.

i have 2 of these serillel adapters myself. if you bought your mobo retail it will have a sheet with info. and instructions with it.

Gotcha, yeah I remember those, but they would slow em down... I just got 2 raptors from Fry's (B+M) they were on sale :)

wmiddleton said:
Gotcha, yeah I remember those, but they would slow em down... I just got 2 raptors from Fry's (B+M) they were on sale :)

nice :attn:

those are definitely compatible with your mobo(i have the same mobo too). the drives that come close to these raptors from reading here in the forums at the maxline II 16mb cash, 7200 rpm drives.

are you overlocking? i think theres a limit on the on how high you can run your oc, when running raid from the mobo's sata channels. i'm looking into running raid this way myself.

hopefully someone will post what the oc limit is.

***edit*** i think the oc part pertains to how high you can run your fsb. i think you can run your multi as high as you want, but the fsb has a limit where if you go over, it might corrupt your hdd data???

Back