• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Experiencing hiccups.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schalldampfer

I usually keep my computer in its top-notch conditions, but sometimes, my pointer stutters and the whole system hiccups for a brief moment before continuing on. Only 333 or so MB of PF is used... what could be the problem? The only applications that I'm running are WMP and Trillian.

Spyware? Viruses?

I use a combonation of Kaspersky, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, and am currently testing M$ Anti-Spyware beta. Those generally keep all the nasties out.

Maybe there are some programs running in the background?

Yuriman said:
Spyware? Viruses?

I use a combonation of Kaspersky, Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, and am currently testing M$ Anti-Spyware beta. Those generally keep all the nasties out.

Maybe there are some programs running in the background?

I've checked out my process, and everything seems normal. I have ran Ad-aware, Sypbot, Spyware Blaster, AVG, and I also have a rather large hosts file. So I'm not exactly sure if malware is the problem here.

Sentential said:
Usually thats associated with a RAM issue ie not enough. I saw that alot when I was using 1GB on BF2

I have BF2, too, and I can play just fine at 1024x768 (my LCD max resolution) at all high settings with 2xAA. And when I experience hiccups, it's not the times when I'm running it. I have one gig, by the way.

Also, when working with Photoshop and hit undo, the changes don't appear until I hide and view the layer again... could this be a RAM problem of sorts?

Back