• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing multiboot screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tmarat

Registered
Hi!
I have winxp with sp2. I messed a lot during the last 2 days. At one time there were two operating systems on one partition, both winxp, one at c:\windows the other at c:\windows2
Now I deleted the windows2 and reinstalled windows at c:\windows But at startup windows keps asking which system I will boot into!
How can I remove that screen? So that it boots directly?

i think you can remover it if you goto run>msconfig i think you remove it from there but i maybe wrong

Goto:

my computer -> properties -> advanced -> reboot and restart settings (bottom one) -> settings

Then set the one you want as default and put the 'display boot screen' time to 1.

OK, thanks everyone. Xoligy was right. I removed the second operating system from boon.ini file.

Thanks everybody.

Xoligy said:
what about setting it to zero?

Well i have it at 1 myself simply because i have a failsafe windows install around in case it crashes, so i can boot that one if i need. In his case zero would indeed do.

yea i suppose but he dont want it hehe glad i could help im suppruised i actually remembed tho!

I usually go to msconfig and click the boot.ini tab. Underneath the boot.ini entries is a button "Check all boot paths". I usually click that and any invalid paths are deleted.

Back