• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me out with getting a notebook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sa3atsky

I'm looking for a notebook with very particular specs and I'm a little bit lost at what to get. Closest brands that came to fullfilling my needs were some of the Asus and Dell Notebooks. Give me some recommendations for what I'm looking for:

Very slim, Very Lightweight, Minimalistic
14" Very High Quality WideScreen
Good Battery life
Good Pentium M Processor (hopefully with 2mb cache)
512mb ddr ram (1gb, if possible?)
Decent built-in Audio
Decent 3dcard (Hopefully an ATI with Shared system memory)
Dvd\Cd writer
Doesnt get too hot (for lap usage)

Price range is up to $1400, what do you think?

no, i had the same price range and requirements. if you can go up to a 15inch screen, go for the acer notebooks on newegg. they are crazy cheap for what you get, and i found the build quality to be better than dell.

on my non extended battery i got 6:30min battery life with lcd on low, undervolted @.7v and everything on max battery w/ wireless on

I would also recommend the Acer if you want bang for the buck. But if you want light..... get a Sony S (specifically the S360) series off Ebay. They´re generally under $1200 and there´s no notebook quite like them. The S360 is prefered because of the superior graphics and battery capabilities.

Back