• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[WoW] For those that have not seen Murky the baby murloc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krusty

Insane Overclocking Clown
I took a screenshot today

EDIT:

wtf? I typed out a whole thing, including a link to a screenshot. I have no idea where the rest of my text went!

http://img467.imageshack.us/my.php?image=murky1gb.jpg

Anyways, for those of you that don't know, Blizzcon just ended. One of the pieces of swag people got there was an in-game baby murloc pet. This is a non combat pet. Basically it runs around and looks cute. All of the non-combat pets have some random animation that they will do every 30 mins or so. This one just happens to have the sweetest animation of all. Click the link to see.

Last edited:
wtf? I typed out a whole thing, including a link to a screenshot. I have no idea where the rest of my text went!

http://img467.imageshack.us/my.php?image=murky1gb.jpg

Anyways, for those of you that don't know, Blizzcon just ended. One of the pieces of swag people got there was an in-game baby murloc pet. This is a non combat pet. Basically it runs around and looks cute. All of the non-combat pets have some random animation that they will do every 30 mins or so. This one just happens to have the sweetest animation of all. Click the link to see.

Oh hey, lets throw more stuff in the game that has nothing to do with the actual history! Excellent idea!

Bensa said:
Oh hey, lets throw more stuff in the game that has nothing to do with the actual history! Excellent idea!

How does it have nothing to do with the actual history? Murlocs exist in WoW. Murlocs are intelligent enough to use weapons in WoW as well. I would expect a baby murloc to be fully capable of doing a silly dance with props. The only real issue is trying to figure out where the hat and cane were hiding before they were brought out.

Here's some info straight from www.blizzcon.com/pet:

any would say that the Murlocs are filthy, slimy creatures with no greater purpose in life than to serve as expendable sparring partners for aspiring heroes. Do you believe this? Think again! Mindless killings and raids on their homes have left thousands upon thousands of Murlocs dead or wounded, and each day the slaughter continues.
Have you ever invaded a Murloc settlement and drenched your blade in their green blood? Have you ever ended the life of one of these poor, defenseless creatures as it was desperately trying to escape back into the safety of a nearby river or the sea, the Murloc's true home? Yes? Then it is time you made up for the pain and suffering you have caused these gentle animals!

Through the Murloc adoption program you will have a chance to get to know these fascinating and playful creatures from a whole new perspective. Many young Murlocs are left without their parents as pillaging gangs of so-called heroes eradicate entire tribes, leaving the unhatched Murloc eggs without protection against hungry crocilisks, raptors, and other dangers that threaten a young Murloc's life. Many kind souls have saved abandoned eggs from ravaged Murloc settlements, and you can help us hatch these eggs and care for your very own baby Murloc. If you have been given a special code that certifies you as a qualified Murloc handler, please follow the instructions below to turn in your code and to receive your new best friend in the World of Warcraft.

Last edited:
gravitywell said:
Check ebay...you can have your very own Murloc for a mere $150+...

greedy ******* swords

No need. That murloc is already mine :p. I should've gone and ebay'd it though. That 3d game object could have been my new motherboard.

gravitywell said:
Check ebay...you can have your very own Murloc for a mere $150+...

greedy ******* swords

closer to $200. Some people seem to think that they'll get $400 or $600 for it, even. I'm sure there are people out there who will pay that much, too.

Back