• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are the AT command strings stored?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sleeper

Registered
Is there a windows file where I can edit the modems AT command strings, or is it stored in the registry?
I am playing with a few dial up soft modems and want to alter some strings instead of just adding them to the extra settings space.

Thanks,
Paul

As far as I can recall the default AT initialisation sequence is in the .inf file of the driver directory, so you can edit that before installing, or reinstalling and then it will get set as default init string. That might only be true for the modems I had though.

In win 9x, I remember one could set additional AT parameters on a line in the modem configuration panel.

I'm really foggy on it all though, been a few years since I last had to mess with a modem.

I have been hunting and found the .inf file but it doesn't have any "S11=" (speed at which it dials) value listed. Going into Hyperterminal, If I type S11=? it comes back =50 (Default.) I just want to reduce that # to 34. I tried to put it in the additional AT commands line in the modem/ control panel line, but it does not work. This is a Aopen FM56-SV v-92 PCI modem. It works pretty well for a dial up card connecting consistantly at 50667bps. I just want it to dial faster. I used to have an old USR set at 32 and it ripped when dialing.

Paul

Back