• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Installed AVG free, now net seems slow??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

buckbadly

Like the title says, I installed AVG free edition AV. Now webpages and general internet related material seems to be loading real slow. Is this normal for this program? I just figured it was doin a scan of the site or what have ya before it loads, which is fine for security's sake I guess. Is there a setting in it somewhere that reduces this side effect? Thanks for lookin :)

Anything go wrong on install,and updating? Did you get updates from a third party link? Last, did you by chance get that program from a third party link other than AVG Free Download. Since AVG doesn't filter the internet.. I suspect something else is going on.

yeah it never slowed my net when i use[/u] to use it your not downloading are you lol

Nm guys thanks for the replies...I contacted Road Runner and they were having problems with the servers.

your not downloading are you

No comment ;)

Back