• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powercolor X800 XT PE AGP $250, should I?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicspits

Alrighty, so I have the opportunity to acquire an X800 XT PE AGP card for $250 even. It comes with an artic silencer installed (the rev 3 original type, which fits and has copper ramsinks installed as well.) I currently have a 9800np Ocd to about 440, 340: volt modded to all hell, MCW50 keeping it below 30C on hot days and 20C on the normal days, probably going to take my MCW over to the X800 XT and see what I can get it up to.

So my question is, this is $25 bucks more than 6800GTs have been hitting here on the forums, should I get it?

From the reviews I've read, this card would beat a 6800GT and even an ultra as you turn up the eye candy. I know many pros can be modded to XTs, but even a new pro (hard to find otherwise) is $275 and a chance and slower ram.

I do seem to remember someone saying something about ATI vs NVIDIA AGP implementation of something, hoy?

Thanks friends.

-Nic

Its a toss up but they are known to OC well if cooled properly. I know I have my old modded X800Pro VIVO for sale here in the fourms that ran nearly XTPE speed stock cooled (would run over stock speeds but it got quiet warm).

Check the classifieds theres always good deals on these cards expecially for us that have upgraded to the PCI-E cards.

Back