• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good shops in boston?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fletchs

Registered
Hi,
I'm visiting in boston, can someone point me to a good store in boston?

I'm looking for some upgrades, like 2x1GB RAM, new mouse(thinkin about the Logitech G5) and a gfx card.

Hard for me to order online, many shops dont send to a hotel etc...
I already went to circuit city, they didn't have anything interesting in stock :(

Fletchs

Microcenter is the only shop I know of in Boston.
Most of the brick'n'mortars I hit now and then are little shops to the north of the city.

Even then I generally don't but stuff unless I am in URGENT need of something immediately.

Microcenter isn't too bad though: they occasionally have deals on stuff.

Fletchs said:
Hi,
I'm visiting in boston, can someone point me to a good store in boston?

I'm looking for some upgrades, like 2x1GB RAM, new mouse(thinkin about the Logitech G5) and a gfx card.

Hard for me to order online, many shops dont send to a hotel etc...
I already went to circuit city, they didn't have anything interesting in stock :(

Fletchs
check boston.craigslist.org

I'm in college at northeastern right now, there's a BB right near me (behind Fenway Park), and a Staples in the same building. Fenway stop on the Green Line will get you there.

Capt_Caveman said:
Across the river in Cambridge on Memorial Drive is Microcenter. Largest computer store around.

http://www.microcenter.com/

I dropped a lot of dough last time I was out there. Microcenter is by far the best single spot for PC gear I've been to yet. I've heard it's comparable to Frye's. Selection is solid and they have most of the latest and greatest in stock. Retail prices with some sales. Not bad for 'want it now'.

There is also PC's for Everyone near Kendall Sq in Cambridge. A Small shop with lot's of good selection but on the pricey side. It's really amazing that there are no, zero, ziltch computer stores in Boston proper. It just makes no sense. Musn't be profitable enough. Someplace like Frys could come in and clean up IMO.

No kidding there are not shops even in the suburbs. It'll be a cold day in hell when I spend any money at compusa

Back