• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S800 problems round 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
So, I got my mobo to post (curse the cheap value RAM) and everything is running great. The CPU has awesome temps at the default speed (2GHz) so I decide to crank the FSB slowly up to 133 so it will run at 2.66GHz. Everything is awesome until I hit the 133 mark. Then, upon loading Windows, it says some system file is corrupt. So I'm like okay, I'll just reinstall Windows. I pop in my XP disk and boot off it and it says some file is corrupt on the CD. I set the CPU back to default and it loads WIndows just fine. I know the RAM isn't the problem because it's rated for DDR-3200 speeds. I had the 1011.001 BETA BIOS on so I flashed it to the 1010 final BIOS and same thing. I should mention that on the P.O.S.T. screen, it had some weird message about an improper CPU ID code. I'm wondering if it's getting it confused with a 2.66GHz CPU since it really is only a 2GHz CPU? Could that be the case. Any other help would be hot.

Dude unless you got the P4S800-TX i wouldnt expect to overclock that board too much... I have one and it will barley run anything over stock settings... Found a TX online, and overclocked my 3.2 to 3.6 with some OCZ valuram...

Hmm, okay. I guess thats cool as I got it cheap. I never took the board itself into too much consideration since all my other components were worthy of being overclocked. Dang, that kind stinks but oh well, I guess thats why I built it as a budget machine.

Back