• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firefox RC1 out today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hibner

Firefox RC1 is out today. Here is some info on the updates. I hope it speeds things up a little. FF seams to be a little sluggish in there last few releases.

Well a little, I got the new release today as well. But as I type, I'm running old version I unearthed in the bowels of mozilla.org's ftp site. I'm running Firebird 0.7 ^_^ Ah the good old days.

I'd really like for them to improve the popup blocking and give us better ability to block macromedia flash ads. They've gotten quite intrusive and the built in popup blocking no longer works all that well.

I've found instances where quite a few popups break through and get all up in my face. Its kinda sadding b/c the blocker used to work so well

Here's what's new in Firefox 1.5 RC 1:

* Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
* Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance.
* Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
* Improvements to popup blocking. (this ones for you MRD)
* Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
* Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
* Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode" experience.
* Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility and assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen reader for Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available information in applications and documents or show the information on a Braille display, enabling blind and visually impaired users to use equivalent software functionality as their sighted peers.
* Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox.
* Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
* New support for Web Standards including SVG, CSS 2 and CSS 3, and JavaScript 1.6.
* Many security enhancements.
* List of notable bug fixes since Firefox 1.5 Beta 2

this is a beta btw.. i would probably use it but extentions don't support 1.5

if you're having problems with ads get the adblock extention. there's even another extention created just to update the adblock definitions. i like it because if an ad slips by you can open up it's source and create a wildcard to block em next time :)

I'd really like for them to improve the popup blocking and give us better ability to block macromedia flash ads. They've gotten quite intrusive and the built in popup blocking no longer works all that well.

download adblock plus 5.10 it can block flash

Back