• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Working P3 1.1 finally arrived, but Sandra says 1.4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Godfodda

I know Sandra is a little flakey sometimes, but this one piqued my interested. Note the highlighted row. Why does it say that?

This won't be overclocked until the weekend. I gotta finish printing Ghost docs and get my backup made before I start. 15 gigs is enough of a loss for one week. :(

i think it has to do with YOUR FSB being 100.
Sandra expect all new P3's to use a 133 FSB
and takes the rated speed from the multiplier x expected FSB

1100/133 =8.27 so that can't be your CPU
1100/100 =11 so that must be what you have.
now 11x133 (what sandra expects the CPU to be) = 1466

well, Godfodda, that's goood. you got yourself good looking processor rated at 1.466Ghz heeheehee.. that some nice number to see from a P3 don't ya think!? and good luck on the overclock.. wish u good result like what we've been having with the 1Ghz E's.. :p

Yeah Sandra can be a little bit out there when it comes to CPU variations. It just keeps mixing up the same multiplier with different FSB speeds, look at what it says about my Celeron 800;

The first line tells you what the actual CPU speed is, the bit with the incorrect FSB is just what SiSoft programmed into the program. They don't expect Joe Q Public to mess about with the FSB (Let alone bring up the fact that their program is inaccurate!)

I must check mine again...........:D

Lancelot said:
Yeah Sandra can be a little bit out there when it comes to CPU variations. It just keeps mixing up the same multiplier with different FSB speeds, look at what it says about my Celeron 800;

My BIOS did that on the first startup. It said I was 11x66 for 733. ?! I've seen the 133 FSBs report as 66 at first, but didn't know the 100 FSB would default to 66 also.

Well Daddy, have you overclocked your machine yet? or will u wait till this weekend? I am ancious to know how your system progresses..

I'm anxious to find out what it'll do, but no I haven't played with it yet. I absolutely have to wait until I get a Ghost image made. If I wasn't leaving in the morning for Ohio I'd have it done by now. Kind of a last minute work trip thrown on me. But when I do get it going, I'll be sure to push it too far on the first day and then let ya know how it went. :)

Back